
Patrick Reed is set to make a return to the PGA Tour after announcing his decision to quit LIV Golf.
The 2018 Masters champion joined LIV in 2022 but last week revealed he held an interest in returning to the PGA Tour, following fellow American Brooks Koepka being handed a pathway to make the same move via a newly-established Returning Player Program.
Reed released a statement on Wednesday revealing his decision to quit LIV and said he would be “returning to the PGA Tour as a past champion member” in 2027. The PGA Tour released a statement at the same time saying Reed was “seeking reinstatement for the 2027 season.”
Reed said: “After careful thought and consideration, my family and I have decided that I will no longer compete on the LIV Golf Tour.
“I am excited to announce that I am returning to the PGA Tour as a past champion member for the 2027 season and am eligible to begin competing in PGA Tour events later this year.
“I will continue to compete and play as an Honorary Lifetime Member on the DP World Tour, which is something that I am truly honoured and excited to do.
“I’m a traditionalist at heart, and I was born to play on the PGA TOUR, which is where my story began with my wife, Justine.”
The PGA Tour said: “Patrick Reed has informed the PGA Tour of his desire to return.
“A nine-time PGA Tour winner, he is seeking reinstatement of his PGA Tour membership for the 2027 season, playing out of the past champion category.
“As a result of resigning his membership in 2022 prior to violating any PGA Tour Regulations, Patrick is eligible to compete on the PGA TOUR as a non-member beginning on August 25, 2026. He may also pursue improved PGA Tour status via the DP World Tour.
“Similar to anyone reinstated under the Returning Member Program, any former PGA Tour member returning to the PGA Tour would be ineligible for participation in the Player Equity Program through 2030.”
More to follow…
Get the best prices and book a round at one of 1,700 courses across the UK & Ireland
Source link







